Monday, May 01, 2006

Pix' Movie Night

Monday is movie night at Pix' N Williams location. Tonight was Fargo, a film I hadn't seen forever. The Cohen brother are fantastic, from comedies like The Big Lebowski to complete freak outs like Barton Fink. I hadn't been to a movie night at Pix yet, and this seemed like the ideal night.

I get there about 10 minutes till 6 (movies start at 6) and I am the first and only person there. I grab a seat at the bar and order a beer (Lagunitas IPA). Happy hour runs from 5 until 8, so there are alcohol discounts all throughout the movie. I end up with another IPA, a beer float (Rogue's Chocolate Stout with Pix' homemade mocha ice cream), a salami plate (pretty good, cornichons, hot coppa, and a couple of other salamis I can't identify), a cheddar, bacon and tomato on brioche panini, a passion fruit macaroon, coffee, and a rose macaroon. The place eventually gets a bit busier and noisier, and the the 3rd quarter of the movie is a bit tought to hear.

Loyal readers will know that last time I tried to order a rose macaroon at Pix' SE location, they were all out. This time, they had 'em, and I must admit I was a little disappointed. Not much flavor, just very sweet. The passion fruit was MUCH better. My sandwich was a little over cooked in the panini press, and they offered to make me a new one or comp this one. I said it was fine, and of course offered to pay for it. They ended up comping it anyway.

Good dinner, and fairly well priced. A good movie to boot. Next week, Napoleon Dynamite. Anyone interested??

No comments: