Thursday, May 11, 2006

Pok Pok with CC

Reading Miss Tasty's Pok Pok review today made me so hungry; I really wanted to head down to Division and get my snack on... Luckily CC called and wanted to know if I'd meet her there this evening. Must be something in the air, all of us craving the Pok. Of course I agreed. How could I refuse?

I leave work around 6, and get there a few minutes before CC. I grab a cha manao (one of their two Thai iced teas), sit, and read the Mercury.

Once CC shows up, we head back to the window and order our food from Andy. We order SO much food, it's almost obnoxious. CC gets khao man som tam (the pork dish Miss Tasty speaks so highly of) and khao soi kai (the chicken and coconut milk soup). I get another order of khao man som tam (my favorite dish on the menu), an order of the ma ma ramen that Miss Tasty mentioned (I didn't care for it quite as much as she did, and I did try adding some of the chili oil, it just didn't do it for me), and khao niaw mamuang (the mango, coconut milk, and sticky rice dessert I had last time I was there as well).

As always, everything was exquisite. I had planned to talk CC into a walk down to Pix for a bit of chocolate, but we were both way too full to squeeze anything else in our bellies.

No comments: