Sunday, May 07, 2006

WW's Cheap Eats Pt. 2

Apizza Scholls
ADC and I take a step back in the guide and head down to SE for Apizza (if you recall, Apizza was closed when we first hit the guide a few weeks back). I've been here plenty of times, but it is my ADC's first visit. It is a Saturday evening, and we don't get there until around 7. There is, of course, a monster wait 45 min to and hour, they tell us. We both like sitting at the bar, though, and two seats open up there in about 10 minutes.

ADC gets a pint of Anchor, and I get a can of Caldera Pale Ale. We split the Caesar (they are unfortunately out of croutons). The Caesar is always good, flakes of Parm, the killer dressing, the beautiful, whole leaves of romaine. Mmm. Although the salad is big, we finish every bite.

We also agree to split the Apizza Amore (always my favorite pie). We are both delighted. We each eat 3 pieces, leaving 2 to take with up (which we proceed to eat for breakfast this morning). The pizza did not disappoint, and ADC agreed that this is one of the best pies in town. We discussed heading to Nostrana and Ken's to compare and contrast. I'll let you know if that happens.

We leave, VERY satisfied. But, what I can't figure out is how this makes it into the 'Cheap Eats' guide. Every time I go, it is almost always close to $20 per person (last night, I parted ways with $50 for a pizza, a salad, and a few beers). Now, let it be known that I am not complaining. I think the food we had was worth every penny, but this is certainly not 'cheap.'

No comments: